Kelly E. Cook
A HOUSTON ATTORNEY HANDLING WAGE & HOUR DISPUTES
Attorney Kelly E. Cook developed an interest in the legal system very early on. Raised in West Virginia, he moved to Houston to become a founding partner at Wyly & Cook, LLP. From our office, Kelly helps clients throughout Texas with their wage and hour disputes.
To learn how he can help you, contact our Houston firm today.
Attorney Cook’s educational accomplishments include:
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, B.A. IN CLASSICAL HUMANITIES, CUM LAUDE
- Honor: Honors Scholar
- Honor: Elton Prize for the highest scholarship in Classical Greek
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, J.D.
- Honor: Jacob Burns Scholarship
After graduating, Kelly worked for one of the largest personal injury law firms in the United States. While there, Kelly discovered his passion for trial work that he brings to Wyly & Cook, LLP. While his experience is in helping injured victims, Kelly also assisted workers throughout Maryland in their claims for compensation, a skill that translates nicely to his wage and dispute work at our firm. He has argued in front of the Court of Special Appeals and before the Court of Appeals.
In 2007, Kelly moved to Texas and worked for the firm of Kennedy Hodges, where he handled negligence cases and personal injury actions for residents of the state. It was here that he began Kelly taking on wage and hour cases for employees illegally denied their rightful pay.
When Kelly opened his own firm in 2012, he continued to represent workers in wage and hour matters and individuals in insurance claims, experience that directly transfer to his practice at Wyly & Cook, LLP.
AWARDS, HONORS, & ASSOCIATIONS
Attorney Cook is a member of the Maryland State Bar, the Texas State Bar, the U.S. District Court for Maryland, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
His other professional memberships include:
- The Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court
- The Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 2008-present
- The Houston Trial Lawyers Board of Directors, 2012-present
- The Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2008-2013
- The Texas Trial Lawyers Board of Advocates 2011-present
- The American Association for Justice 2005-present
- The 7thAmendment PAC Board of Directors 2012-present
- National Employment Lawyers Association
Kelly has been honored for his service by a number of awards, including:
- TexasSuper Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ Edition of 2013 and 2014
- An Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb
- Inclusion in
Houstonia Magazine’s“Top Lawyers 2013” list
- Listed in the 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers
Call Wyly & Cook, LLP at 713.236.8330 to schedule your free initial consultation. Learn how Attorney Cook can help you today!