OF COUNSEL HOUSTON INSURANCE CLAIM LAWYER
Rajkumar Vinnakota’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both federal and state courts, and various administrative agencies, including intellectual property, trade secrets, energy, business torts, partnership disputes, and insurance matters.
Kumar’s intellectual property practice focuses on managing, licensing, and enforcing patent portfolios, and representing and defending domestic and international clients and research institutes, with an emphasis in the oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical, biochemical, biomaterial, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and electronic industries. Kumar’s practice also focuses on helping technology and start-up companies navigate the complex legal environment to protect their valuable intellectual property and achieve commercial success.
Kumar’s technical background includes work experience as a process engineer at ExxonMobil Chemical and chemical plant design studies at Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR) in Houston, Texas.
He joins Wyly & Cook, PLLC as an of counsel attorney, putting his knowledge to use for all of our clients. Call (713) 236-8330 to learn more about his practice.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2003
- B.S., cum laude, Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1998
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- State Bar of Texas
- Former Director, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- Life Fellow, DAYL Foundation
- Advisory Board, After School All Stars North Texas
- Director, Wade Smith Foundation
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Greater Dallas Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Texas Super Lawyer 2015
- Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star”, 2009 – 2015
- Article and Notes Editor, Texas International Law Journal
- Member, Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- Member, Omega Chi Epsilon Chemical Engineering Honor Society
- Outstanding Graduating Senior Award, Dept. of Chemical Engineering
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Lester Horwitz, Ethan Horwitz, General Editors, Intellectual Property Counseling and Litigation, Chapter 48: Containing Costs in Intellectual Property Litigation (revised by Rajkumar Vinnakota, Release 56 July 2015) (Matthew Binder)
- Speaker, Veritext National Sales Meeting, Fort Worth, Texas, “Deposition Considerations for Inter Partes Review,” January 18, 2016
- Speaker, Texas Lawyer In-House Counsel Summit, Dallas, Texas, “Alternative Fees: Aligning the Interests of Lawyer and Client,” March 27, 2014.
- Speaker, Global Intellectual Property Convention, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, “Inter Partes Review in Conjunction with Patent Litigation,” January 16, 2014
- Speaker, International Intellectual Property Conference, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, “The High Cost of U.S. Based Patent Litigation: Why Alternative Fee Arrangements are Essential,” January 26, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Texas A&M University Chemical and Biomedical Engineering Departments, College Station, Texas, “Engineering, Business Entrepreneurship, and Patent Law,” Fall 2013-2014
Contact Attorney Vinnakota online or at (713) 236-8330 to schedule your consultation today.